Friday, January 2, 2009

Darkness

I found this poem while I was cleaning my room. I don't remember when I wrote it. Thought I'll put it here.
_______________________________________________________________________

Darkness.
When I was young it haunted me in the night.
It enveloped me, like a black velvety blanket.
But that darkness of the night doesn't haunt me anymore.
Its the darkness of the heart that does.

As I walk down the road, it sneers as it hides behind the building.
Its there as I walk past the drug dealers.
Its still there as suicide bombers crash, as soldiers die in the battles.
Its there as I walk past dead bodies, its face triumphant as if it has won.
But has it?

It still hasn't touched me.
It hasn't won.
Because however much hate there is in the world.
Love still lives and wins.

2 comments:

Zephyr said...

ya, but sometimes it feels like nothing but evil is there is in this world. especially with the killings and attacks happening recently... it makes u question a lot of things... *sigh*

Anonymous said...

when i was child..???

hahahaha even now!!

Ke allah ke bande hasde allah ke bande
Allah ke bande hasde jo bhi ho kal phir aayega