Sunday, May 4, 2014

Beyond the torrent of rain

You see.
Nowadays it always feels like its raining.
I look out the window. To the world outside.
I don't see the trees or the houses.
What I see are just the raindrops.

Sometimes I try to look beyond the rain.
At the world afar.
But somehow the rain blurs my vision.
It doesn't let me see. I feel blinded.

Dread fills me sometimes. It brings on doubt.
I try to let it out.
Let it not consume me.
But it clouds my judgement and dashes my hope.
It clouds my mind, my thoughts, my mood

But that's only on some days.

Other days I smile.
I keep hope. I let it guide me.
I keep it close. I hold on it tight.
Its very evasive. Hope.
Sometimes when I am not careful it slips away
But mostly its with me. My companion.
I let it draw me out to see the sun in the horizon
And see to the future.



No comments: