Wednesday, August 15, 2007

My Visit to India

I dont remeber when I wrote this, I think in middle school, soon after my return from a visit to India...
-----------------------
I close my eyes and remember the day, we went to visit India
I remember stepping into the Mumbai Airport smelling the hot sizzling samosas.
And the warmth, and the hum of the ceiling fan
The wait in Mumbai was long, four hours of staring at my diary
Trying to write something, yet finding no words
The flight to Hyderabad, the warm "Namaste" of the air hostess

We reached Hyderabad
I waited staring at the door labeled "visitors", as it opened and closed
Trying to see if my grandmothers were there
Trying to see the faces of my relatives.
I was the first to walk out, lugging suitcases along.
My cousins shouting my name, hugging me. My aunts and uncles asking me questions.
And behind them all, my grandmothers waiting for their turn.

And I closed my eyes, and truly felt, that I had come home.

1 comment:

Zephyr said...

home is where the heart is!