Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The mysterious follower

A warm night with a velvety sky.
The watch read, 10:35.
Tiredness swept me down as I lugged along,
across the grass to my car.
And suddenly I heard something, a footstep?
I could feel someone right behind me.
Fear made me shiver, and my heart hammered
maybe a thief or a murderer?
My back stiffened with fear, and my legs felt numb.
Everything turned hazy...unclear
Only the smell of chowmein stayed prominent
I thought of turning and looking at my intruder
but fear kept me walking straight.
As I neared my car the intruder came closer.
Did he sense that my escape was near?
Atlast I reached my carolla and in my hurry
dropped the packet of my chowmein.
I got into the car, locked my doors and felt safe.
My fear left giving way to my curiosity.
I looked out to see my follower,
only to find a poor little dog
eating what
was to
appease
my grumbling
stomach.

2 comments:

Zephyr said...

hahaha! i LOVED this post! poor dog... and poor YOU!

sana said...

hehe..nice one!
ur way of writing is really interesting...
n thks for ur comments :)